Cornerstone IT is a leading IT Service Provider to small companies located in the Northeast Ohio region and beyond. We provide Managed IT Services, Secure Computing, Consulting, Cloud and mobile technologies for companies that do not have dedicated IT. We’re a growing Weatherhead 100 company that is focused on being the best IT Service Provider in the area.
The candidate should have least 4-5 years of experience including Servers, Firewalls/Routers and escalated service desk issues to include user help desk support. Candidate must be customer focused and familiar with serving clients with a sense of urgency and care.
Position pays competitively with a base salary and performance pay.
Standard Holidays, Paid Time Off., 401k, Profit Sharing and a Health Plan are provided.
Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent Preferred
Three to five years of experience with LAN technologies, including network operating systems (Windows), topologies (Ethernet) and protocols (TCP/IP), and Wide Area Networking, perimeter security, SANs, virtualization.
Experience with delivering customer remotely from a NOC based or service desk environment. Proficient with professional service desk automation (PSA) and remote monitoring and management software (RMM).
2 or more Base Industry Vendor Certifications or 1 or more Advanced Industry Vendor Certification
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Install and work with computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
- Have a thorough understanding of DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, ect.
- Install and troubleshoot server hardware and software infrastructure.
- Set up user accounts and passwords per security best practices.
- Configure and manage security, email, spam, and virus protection.
- Troubleshoot and restore systems after crashes.
- Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security.
- Ensure systems comply with industry standards and keep networks running smoothly.
- Support administration of servers and server clusters.
- Manage Backup and Restore protocols.
- Performs complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery.
- Assists in the design, implementation and maintenance of systems, programs, hardware and software.
- Document network issues after resolved
- Assist with design and implement systems to monitor and test network performance and provide network performance reports.
- Provide ongoing tactical and strategic input for network planning and related projects.
- Task estimation for project and escalated ticket work.
- Support network and computing infrastructure.
- Install and maintain network services, equipment, and various devices.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of documentation for all customer environments. This includes administrative passwords, equipment, connectivity (ISP/WAN/LAN)
To apply for this position please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org