Lakeland Community College Partners with Cornerstone IT to Develop a New Cybersecurity Internship Program
Mentor, Ohio – October 16, 2019
Lakeland Community College recently partnered with Cornerstone IT to develop a new Cybersecurity Internship Program. The program is part of Lakeland’s Information Technology and Computer Science Department’s new “Earn and Learn” initiative, which provides students with the opportunity to participate in a paid internship while still completing their coursework.
“Ray was one of the first to jump on board with helping us design this internship program,” says Dr. Jennifer Crissman, Professor and Department Chair for Lakeland’s Information Technology and Computer Science Programs. “His team played a key role in the development of the program’s curriculum. They also co-hosted a meet and greet and Q&A session to introduce this opportunity to students.”
Internships will begin in the spring of 2020 and last 15 weeks. Students can work up to 20 hours per week. At the conclusion of the program, if the student has worked over 100 hours the internship will appear on their official transcript. A majority of the students invited to apply are studying Networking or Cybersecurity. To be considered, students must also be at least in their second year and have a GPA of 2.8 or higher.
“We are honored that Lakeland asked us to participate in creating this program,” says Ray Paganini, Cornerstone IT’s president. “It has been a pleasure collaborating and putting together something that we are all proud to help launch. We feel this internship will provide students with experiences that will prepare them for future coursework and a successful career in the cybersecurity field.”
For more information about Lakeland’s Information Technology and Computer Science Programs visit: lakelandcc.edu
- Cornerstone IT Wins 2018 Weatherhead 100 Award
- Cornerstone IT Receives Lake-Geauga Fast Track 50 Award for 10th Consecutive Year
- Cornerstone IT Achieves a Second Microsoft Certified Gold Partner Competency
- Cornerstone IT Achieves Microsoft Certified Gold Partner Competency
- CornerstoneIT Named Lake-Geauga Fast Track 50 Award Winner for 9th Consecutive Year
- CornerstoneIT Expands to Offer Microsoft Mobile Solutions
- CornerstoneIT Renews Microsoft Tier 1 SMB Champion Competency
- CornerstoneIT Partners with Kaspersky Lab to Offer Premium Internet Security Coverage
- CornerstoneIT has been named one of the world’s best IT service providers.