At CornerstoneIT we believe in leveraging technology to work smarter.
CornerstoneIT is a Microsoft Partner IT firm founded in 1994 by Raymond Paganini. With over 20 years of leadership in IT for small and mid-sized businesses in Northeast Ohio, CornerstoneIT provides world-class technical support, growth and management to a loyal and increasing customer base. Expertise include Microsoft certified systems engineers, programmers, and designers who are capable of fulfilling several levels of IT support including serving as a company’s complete IT department, complementing an existing internal staff, or overseeing and managing special company projects.
Working for CornerstoneIT means you will be working for Crain’s 52 Fastest Growing Companies and one of Lake-Geauga’s Counties Fast Track 50 winners.
Current Opening: Senior Network Engineer and Escalation Team Lead
Cornerstone IT is a leading IT Service Provider to small companies located in the Northeast Ohio region and beyond. We provide Managed IT Services, Secure Computing, Consulting, Cloud and mobile technologies for companies that do not have dedicated IT. We’re a growing Weatherhead 100 company that is focused on being the best IT Service Provider in the area.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- All About Efficiency – The main focus of the Escalation Team is to make things happen better and faster for our clients and service team. If you’re the right person for this job, you’re all about constant improvement, and are willing to put in the time and energy to build a better mousetrap, and then tear it apart and build it all over again and make it even better than you did the first time.
- A Problem Whisperer – New problem? No problem! It’s just another puzzle to you, waiting to be solved. You’re the person that not only likes it when something doesn’t work so you have to figure out it…you revel in it!
- Cutting Edge – You’re all about the latest and greatest. You know the features and benefits inside and out, and are like a kid in a candy store when anything new comes out of the box for the first time.
- Calm, Cool, and Collected – You’ve got it – no matter what “it” is! Your ability to keep your client service and communication skills polished when challenging situations arise will be key to ensuring ongoing client satisfaction.
Below is a list of the day-to-day areas of responsibility. You won’t be responsible for all of them right from the outset – you’ll be working with other members of our team and your responsibility will increase over time.
- Supporting Service Teams – You’ll be the go-to person for the tough stuff that our service teams can’t figure out – you’ll collaborate with co-workers on tickets when they need assistance or you’ll take over the work if needed.
- IT Standards & Auditing – You’ll work with our IT Director to make sure our customer environments meet our standards. You’ll also be helping to develop new standards and to educate our team and clients on the “why” behind the way we do things.
- Policy Creation – You’ll get to handle designing, standardizing, editing, and troubleshooting complex layered policies in both Active Directory and other IT management systems.
- Technical Procedures and Documentation – The escalation team will be responsible for creating the top-notch procedures and documentation necessary to keep our service teams rocking and rolling.
- Evaluating New Technical Products and Solutions – You’ll get to research all sorts of new stuff and work with our IT Director to make decisions about products to use in our client environments.
- Training and Certification – As new technologies emerge, we want to be on the cutting edge and help our team do the same. We’ll make sure you stay current on Microsoft Certifications for Windows Desktop, Server, and Cloud Platforms. We’ll also want your team to create and lead internal training sessions for the rest of the technical staff to keep our team up-to-date on key technology changes and implementation techniques.
What are the requirements for this position?
Here is a list of our “must-haves” for our Systems Engineer:
- Possesses a high level of integrity / honesty – In a small company, each team member relies on their team to complete their job effectively. Mistakes will always be made. It’s very important to us to ensure that those mistakes are recognized, admitted, and resolved as quickly as possible when they occur. We don’t expect perfection, but do expect honesty 100% of the time.
- Helpful – Always willing to assist others in a positive manner. This is a back-end support position in nature, so we need someone who’s willing to help others and be flexible to change the order of their tasks based on constantly changing priorities. You’ll have to be an expert at multi-tasking with the ability to drop what you’re doing to attend to urgent issues that may arise.
- 3 years of applicable IT experience – preferably working for an MSP/IT Service Provider primarily handling customer facing tickets, projects, or escalations.
- 4 Year (Bachelor’s) preferred . 2 Year (AA/Technical) acceptable with equivalent experience acceptable with industry certifications.
- MCSA or equivalent Microsoft Certification for the latest Windows desktop and Server operating systems.
- Significant Windows Server and networking experience, including Group Policy Management, Office365 administration, SharePoint administration and Microsoft Exchange Server administration.
- Experience working in an ITSP/MSP environment and designing scalable, manageable and efficient solutions and standards for a variety of IT environments. Experience administering an RMM platform is a plus.
- Experience administering firewalls, networking equipment and wireless systems including certifications.
We offer a competitive pay structure, including additional monthly performance pay bonuses, and year end profit sharing. This position offers paid training, vacation pay, holiday pay, 3 personal floating holidays each year, 401K, health coverage after 90 days, company paid lunch and learn opportunities, employee friendly work spaces, and an exciting work experience each day.
How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to resumes@CornerstoneIT.com and with your name and position in the subject line. No recruiters please. If you’re serious about this job, please tell us “why” you’re the person we’re looking for. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Thanks for taking the time to read our novel of a job posting. We hope you are as excited about this opportunity as we are!
Current Opening: Lead Network Engineer
The candidate should have least 4-5 years of experience including Servers, Firewalls/Routers and escalated service desk issues to include user help desk support. Candidate must be customer focused and familiar with serving clients with a sense of urgency and care.
Position pays competitively with a base salary and performance pay.
Standard Holidays, Paid Time Off., 401k, Profit Sharing and a Health Plan are provided.
Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent Preferred
Three to five years of experience with LAN technologies, including network operating systems (Windows), topologies (Ethernet) and protocols (TCP/IP), and Wide Area Networking, perimeter security, SANs, virtualization.
Experience with delivering customer remotely from a NOC based or service desk environment. Proficient with professional service desk automation (PSA) and remote monitoring and management software (RMM).
2 or more Base Industry Vendor Certifications or 1 or more Advanced Industry Vendor Certification
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Install and work with computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
- Have a thorough understanding of DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, ect.
- Install and troubleshoot server hardware and software infrastructure.
- Set up user accounts and passwords per security best practices.
- Configure and manage security, email, spam, and virus protection.
- Troubleshoot and restore systems after crashes.
- Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security.
- Ensure systems comply with industry standards and keep networks running smoothly.
- Support administration of servers and server clusters.
- Manage Backup and Restore protocols.
- Performs complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery.
- Assists in the design, implementation and maintenance of systems, programs, hardware and software.
- Document network issues after resolved
- Assist with design and implement systems to monitor and test network performance and provide network performance reports.
- Provide ongoing tactical and strategic input for network planning and related projects.
- Task estimation for project and escalated ticket work.
- Support network and computing infrastructure.
- Install and maintain network services, equipment, and various devices.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of documentation for all customer environments. This includes administrative passwords, equipment, connectivity (ISP/WAN/LAN)
To apply for this position please send resumes to: email@example.com